Sweet & Sour Pork Chops
Now that the dreaded taxes are done I can get back into the kitchen, which is where I really like to be. Tonight I made pork chops . . I can’t remember the last time I cooked them, let alone the last time I made this recipe. It was a staple during our Wainwright years.
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ cup flour
- 6 pork chops
- 1 Tbsp. shortening (I used butter for the flavour)
- 1-14 oz. tin of crushed pineapple, juice drained off and reserve
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Coat both sides of chops with dry mixture.
- Brown in the butter on both sides.
- Remove to baking dish.
- Mix the reserved juice from the crushed pineapple with the other sauce ingredients and pour over the pork chops in deep casserole dish.
- Top with the drained crushed pineapple.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- I usually serve this with Baked Rice. Tonight I added asparagus tossed in olive oil and herbs with garlic and baked and some cherry tomatoes. Mmmmmmm good.